Sunday, August 12, 2012

Playing BINGO...

i've been holding off on entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week until today...i made a pretty refrigerator magnet for my sister who just moved into her new apartment home...Now, i can reveal my BINGO challenge piece...

i had chosen to do BLOOMS, FREE, RIBBON from the bingo card posted on the challenge page...Using craft paper scraps that i had laying around my paper pile i first made a cool layered flower...A technique I have used with fiber but never tried with paper...i like the way it looks...i then was thinking: dimension, 3D, pop...at that point my rolled rose was born...i added some cool washi tape, i stamped with distressed ink pads and glued everything down, sprayed with glitter (which you can't see in the pic) and viola...a beautiful frige magnet for my beautiful sister...

oh, and please take a minute to read the poem...my sister means the world to me...my life would not be complete without her in it...

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tracy Z said...

that's beautiful!

debby4000 said...

What a great card to make out of scraps.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

random generator

Happiness...

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for th e way you feel—and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

My Headlines

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com