Saturday, January 3, 2009

Keeper of the Garden...

As some of you may know, I had a big groundhog problem last spring and summer...They were invading my garden and pool...My gardening partner and I were trapping them left and right and putting them back out into the wild far from my home...


The other day I saw this beautiful hawk perched on my garden posts...He is looking for birds, mice or anything he can eat...I sure hope he stays around to keep the garden free from groundhogs this year...

I'm thinking of offering him a nice commission...What do you think?...

6 comments:

JodisCraftEmporium said...

i think that is a great idea. Gorgeous snap shots.

Memories for Life said...

It's always nice to have a little help now and then :)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Beautiful pics! I hope he stays around to help you out :)

rosebud101 said...

Go for it! I love hawks!

TiLT said...

He's a beaute! Awesome that you were able to capture some pics.
And yes - commission is always nice

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful photos. I hope he helps you out. Groundhogs are a pain, especially when you work so hard on your garden and they mow it down. (spoken from first hand experience).

random generator

Happiness...

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for th e way you feel—and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

My Headlines

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com