Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blog Carnival - A Valentine Memory...

After reading the selection of Blog Carnival topics for the Etsy Bloggers Street Team I got to thinking about past Valentine Days...At first I didn't think I could think of a "special" Valentine's Day, they have all been special, fun, lighthearded and well maybe a few (less than a handful) not so wonderful...So enough of that...Here's one I'll share that's very special to me...
I remember when I first met my husband at an intimate Superbowl party...Was it a fix up, yes, it was, I think...So, you can probably guess it was sometime around the end of January 1986...How sweet it was that this guy I had just started dating gave me a mug with two hearts as the handle and LOVE sayings written on the outside in hearts...It was the first gift he ever gave me and don't you know I still have that mug today, and we are still happily married...Man, I love that guy so much...Awww...
And I didn't think I could think of a Valentine memory that would tickle your heart...

7 comments:

uniquecommodities said...

That is super special and sweet! Thanks for sharing

Manifestation said...

Sounds unique indeed.Thank you and Wish you n all a Happy Valentine's day ahead.

LOL:)
Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore

storybeader said...

well, if it was a "fix up", you got good friends! And the mug is so cute - you still have it? that's great!

Sinje Ollen said...

Awwww! I gave my husband to myself for my birthday (I called him and asked him out the day before my BD. We went on our first date two days later). ...Still have him today, too. :-) His birthday is Valentines...

DreamON said...

I love this story. Happy V Day! Your blog is great!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Awww - what a sweet memory! And that cup looks toooo cute :)

Pamela Baker said...

Nice to read something so special. Thanks for sharing - that must have been some powerful mug!

random generator

Happiness...

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for th e way you feel—and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

My Headlines

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com